Traffic rules especially for Phuket car rent services
Phuket is a beautiful island that constitutes of only 48 kilometres from south to north and is 21 kilometres from east to west. The total area of this place can be covered within a day and you get maps to get around the island. The roads are mostly in good condition and you will find signs all around in both English and Thai which makes it easy to navigate. Driving around Thailand is a great experience but there are certain guidelines which you need to follow. It is advisable that if you are planning to drive yourself around this island then you have to be very careful.
Traffic guidelines to be followed in Phuket
The following are the guidelines to be followed by everyone in Phuket:
- The ideal age for driving in Phuket is 18 years and above.
- You should drive on the left hand side of the road.
- Car seat is compulsory for the front seat drivers.
- Helmets are mandatory for motorcyclists.
- The speed limit in suburban streets is 50-60 kilometres per hour and in highways it is 90-120 kilometres per hour.
- The average speed rate is determined by the condition of the traffic on the roads of this island.
Traffic guidelines for car rental in Phuket
The following are the rules to be followed by car rental services in Phuket:
- The traffic in Thailand chooses to drive on the left side of the road in this place.
- All the drivers should carry their driving license and if you are driving the rental car yourself then carry your passport and permit also.
- Every car should have a third party insurance which has been made mandatory by the government.
- A tax sticker should be displayed on the vehicles.
- If you are planning to drive the hired car then you should have a full license from your home country. Some even ask for international driving license and if your existing license is not in English then they will provide you with the translated copy.
- Car rental companies let you drive their cars only if you are above the age of 21 years.
Car rental services: A safe, convenient and affordable option
Hiring a car in Phuket is not a very difficult process even if you don’t know the local language. There is a wide range of agencies which offers cheap phuket rental services and the facilities they provide makes traveling in a foreign land easy. It is not very expensive, saves time and makes your holiday experience memorable.